416-621-1551 Extension: 214
Experienced car accident lawyer in the GTA
Megan first joined Smitiuch Injury Law as a summer student in 2012, returned as an articling student, and was hired to the firm as an Associate Lawyer following her call to the bar. Her practice is exclusively dedicated to personal injury and wrongful death cases, including motor vehicle accidents, occupiers’ liability, disability benefits claims and product liability.
Megan has acted as counsel before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. Most notably, in December 2014, as co-counsel with Mike and Peter, Megan assisted in obtaining a jury verdict against Glen Eagle Golf Club for over $1.8 million in damages and interest.
Megan obtained her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Windsor. While in law school, she gained invaluable experience through her work at the local Community Legal Aid Clinic and her study of law abroad for a summer at Monash University in Prato, Italy.
When Megan is not practicing law, she enjoys baking and spending time with her husband and three children.
Areas of Practice
- 80% Personal Injury
- 10% Disability and Insurance Claims
- 10% Wrongful Death
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ontario, 2014
- University of Windsor, Faculty of Law, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Juris Doctor – 2012
Honours: Work at Local Community Legal Aid Clinic
- University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) – 2007
- Flammia v Royal Glen Eagle, 2014 ONSC 7522 (2014)
- Flammia v Royal Glen Eagle, 2015 ONSC 1465 (2015)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2014 – Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Lawyers Feed the Hungry program, Toronto and Windsor
- Essex County Diversion Program, Windsor