Our Toronto Car Accident Lawyers Get Results
We are committed to helping you get the best possible outcome
The streets and highways of Toronto see a lot of traffic, and car accidents are common. In an instant, you can be left with serious injuries. Your car is damaged beyond repair. Medical expenses start adding up quickly and you may not be able to work because of your injuries. Many victims aren’t sure what to do next.
The experienced car accident lawyers at Smitiuch Injury Law can help. Since our firm’s founding in 2001, clients have been at the centre of everything we do. Our top concern is that you are getting the care you need so you can recover from your injuries as much as possible. We can even connect you with doctors, specialists and other professionals in the Toronto area.
We also fight to help you recovering the financial compensation you deserve. We know that injuries from a car accident can affect you physically, emotionally and financially. We’re determined to help you get compensation for the damages you have suffered. Our Toronto lawyers are ready to guide you every step of the way through the complicated legal process.
Why Toronto car accidents happen
Collisions in Toronto often occur because the at-fault driver was behaving in a reckless or negligent manner. Common causes of accidents on streets and highways in Toronto include:
- Speeding drivers, especially on busy highways like the 401, the Gardiner Expressway or the QEW.
- Distracted drivers, especially texting drivers on congested streets like King Street West and Younge Street.
- Reckless drivers who don’t follow the rules of the road, including not stopping at a stop sign or running a red light on Dundas or University Avenue.
- Drunk drivers under the influence of alcohol who are unaware of their surroundings.
- Impaired drivers under the influence of drugs or other controlled substances.
- Tired drivers who fall asleep at the wheel and crash into other vehicles.
Types of Toronto car accidents
There are many different types of collisions that often occur in Toronto. Some of the most common types of crashes include:
- Rear-end accidents, in which one driver crashes into the back of another vehicle.
- Head-on collision, especially when drivers veer into on-coming traffic on busy two-way roads in Toronto like Bay Street or Danforth Avenue.
- T-bone or side-impact accidents, in which one driver crashes head on into the side of another vehicle.
- Hit-and-run accidents, in which one driver leaves the scene of the crash without sharing information or calling the police.
- Uninsured driver accidents, in which one driver does not have car insurance.
Common car accident injuries
Collisions often result in serious injuries. Some of the most common – and most serious – car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash and other painful neck injuries, especially in rear-end accidents or other common collisions.
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Back injuries, including spinal cord injuries, which can be painful and life-changing, especially if someone’s spinal cord is damaged in a car crash.
- Bone fractures, including broken bones in the hands, arms, legs and feet.
- Internal injuries, including organ damage and internal bleeding.
- Cuts and lacerations, often due to broken glass or coming into contact with sharp objects during the accident.
Top 10 busiest intersections in Toronto
Many car accidents occur at busy intersections in Toronto. This is why drivers need to be extra careful when driving on these streets and roads. Based on traffic data compiled by the City of Toronto, the 10 busiest intersections in Toronto are:
- Lake Shore Boulevard East & Lower Sherbourne Street (East Bayfront neighborhood near the St. Lawrence Market)
- Finch Avenue West & Norfinch Drive/Oakdale Road (Jane & Finch neighborhood near King’s Highway 400)
- Finch Avenue West & 400 South Finch Westbound Ramp
- Finch Avenue West & 400 North Finch Eastbound Ramp
- Finch Avenue West & Signet Drive/Arrow Road (west of Jane & Finch)
- Lawrence Avenue East & Scarborough Golf Club Road (Golfdale Gardens neighborhood)
- Lake Shore Boulevard East & Bay Street
- Steeles Avenue East & Pharmacy Avenue/ Esna Park Drive (near Highway 404)
- Islington Avenue & Finch Avenue West (near Finch-Islington Park)
- Lake Shore Boulevard East & Parliament Street (near the Gardiner Expressway)
Our Toronto car accident lawyers know how to get results
The negligent driver in your Toronto crash may have been texting, speeding or driving recklessly. Negligent drivers often don’t admit to doing anything wrong. The other driver may even blame you for causing the accident.
- Car Accident FAQ
- Dealing With Insurance Companies
- How Can A Toronto Car Accident Lawyer Help?
- Understanding Car Accident Lawsuits
- What Should I Do If I’m Hurt In A Toronto Car Accident?
- Who Pays For Car Accident Compensation In Toronto?
Insurance companies aren’t on your side. They want to make money. So they will try to pay you as little as possible. There are different tactics that they use. For example, they may question the seriousness of your injuries or argue that they were pre-existing. They may make you a lowball settlement offer that falls far short of covering the damages you’ve suffered.
Our Toronto lawyers are very familiar with tactics that insurance companies use to try to limit your compensation and we don’t tolerate them. We are committed to helping you get the best possible outcome. That’s why we focus on building strong cases that insurance companies have to take seriously.
We start by getting the facts about your Toronto car accident. Our lawyers know where to look for evidence that the other driver was negligent. We carefully review police reports, medical records and other documentation. We identify and interview witnesses. If needed, we consult industry professionals such as accident reconstruction experts.
Call us today – our Toronto car accident lawyers are ready to help
Insurance companies are very familiar with our Toronto law firm and there are two things they know about us. One, our lawyers are always prepared with strong cases. Two, we are never afraid to go to trial. That’s why insurance companies often agree to negotiate a settlement that meets the needs of our clients.
We know that you may be in a difficult financial situation right now. We believe that financial considerations should never get in the way of recovering the compensation you need and deserve. That’s why we offer a “no win, no fee” promise. If we represent you in your Toronto car accident case, you owe us nothing unless we recover compensation.
Learn more about how we can help in a free case evaluation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers. Call to schedule an appointment at our Toronto office. Or we can come to meet you at home, in your hospital room or at another convenient location.