Toronto Boating and ATV Accident Lawyers
Our personal injury lawyers put your rights first and demand the compensation you deserve
Boating accidents and all-terrain vehicle (ATV) accidents in Ontario can happen fast. When they do, the injuries can be serious. Whether it’s a drowning accident in Lake Ontario or an ATV rollover accident in the Muskoka’s, it’s important that you understand your rights and take the necessary steps to request the financial compensation you deserve.
Our experienced Toronto personal injury attorneys at Smitiuch Injury Law can help you every step of the way. If your accident was caused by the negligent or reckless behaviour of someone else, our legal team can investigate your accident and search for the evidence that matters. We understand the importance of carefully researching boating and ATV accidents. That’s why we take the time to carefully review the facts and work towards the best possible outcome.
What are common causes of boating accidents?
Boating accidents (including boat collisions, capsizing, etc.) in Ontario happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes of boating accidents include:
- Speeding – Boating accidents often occur due to boats going far too fast and out of control, especially in popular boating destinations like Toronto’s Inner Harbour and Toronto Islands.
- Intoxication – People under the influence of alcohol or drugs often cause serious boating accidents in the Muskoka’s and other nearby locations.
- Inexperience – People who operate a boat in Ontario must be experienced, licensed boat operators. Unfortunately, some inexperienced boaters cause serious crashes.
- Recklessness – Boaters need to be responsible at all times on the water. Whether it's texting while boating or keeping a safe distance between other watercraft, boaters need to be careful and respectful of other boaters.
- Mechanical issues – Poorly maintained boats sometimes cause serious accidents, especially if boat navigation lights are not working or there is a mechanical issue that can cause the boat to capsize or crash into another boat.
What are common causes of ATV accidents?
Some of the most common causes of ATV accidents (collisions, ATV rollovers, etc.) we often deal with at our Toronto law firm include:
- Speeding drivers crashing into ATVs
- Reckless ATV drivers causing collisions or ATV rollover accidents
- ATV drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Inexperienced ATV drivers
Is this how your ATV accident happened? Or are you dealing with another type of ATV accident in the GTA? Whatever the circumstances of your crash, we’re here to help you hold the person responsible for your accident accountable for their actions.
What makes boating or ATV accidents in the GTA so complicated?
You might wonder why you even need a lawyer if someone else clearly caused your ATV or boat accident. The reality is these recreational accidents often turn out to be far more complicated than many people expect. Some of the reasons why include:
- The person responsible for your accident denies doing anything wrong.
- The at-fault driver claims you somehow caused the accident.
- The other driver’s insurance company denies your accident claim.
The stakes are high after your ATV or boat accident. You or a loved one could be seriously injured. If you don’t take legal action, you might not recover the financial compensation you deserve for your accident.
Toronto accident attorneys you can trust. Contact our law firm today.
Find out how we can help you after your Toronto ATV or boating accident. Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our Toronto, Brantford or Simcoe office. If you can’t make it to one of our offices, that’s no problem. We can arrange for an in-home or hospital appointment. Whatever works best for you.