Toronto Hospital Suicide Lawyers
Our attorneys know the law and understand how the legal system works in Ontario
Death by suicide can be a painful experience for any family to go through. Dealing with the loss of a loved one who died by suicide while in the care of a hospital in Ontario can be even more overwhelming. Suddenly, along with dealing with the loss of a loved one, you are often faced with a wide range of legal issues involving your loved one’s death.
You can count on our experienced Toronto hospital suicide attorneys at Smitiuch Injury Law to guide you through this devastating chapter in your life. We can evaluate the details of your potential case. We can explain the legal options available to your family in Ontario, and we can work with you towards achieving the best possible outcome.
What are common hospital suicide cases?
Hospitals have a responsibility to care for their patients, and this duty of care involves making sure their patients’ physical and mental well-being are carefully monitored. When hospitals fail to take the necessary precautions, death by suicide cases can occur. Some of the reason why include:
- The hospital did not regularly check on your loved one while they were on suicide watch.
- Mistakes were made by inexperienced or untrained hospital staff members.
- The hospital failed to place your loved one on suicide watch.
- Unsafe hospital conditions resulted in your loved one’s death.
- The hospital misdiagnosed your loved one’s mental condition.
- The hospital failed to remove environmental dangers which can be used to die by suicide.
Whatever the circumstances of your loved one’s death, you can count on our legal team to carefully evaluate the details of your loved one’s death and build the strongest possible legal case for your family.
What makes hospital suicide cases so complicated?
There are many reasons why hospital suicide cases often turn out to be so complicated, including:
- The hospital denies doing anything wrong.
- The hospital destroys or conceals evidence related to your loved one’s death.
- The hospital blames your loved one for their own death.
- The hospital’s insurance provider denies your hospital suicide claim.
We know how to negotiate with hospitals and insurance companies. If they do not negotiate in good faith, we are prepared to take legal action on behalf of your family, including filing a Toronto hospital suicide lawsuit on your family’s behalf, if necessary.
You’re not alone. Our Toronto hospital suicide attorneys can help. Contact our law firm.
The stakes are high in the death of a loved one due to suicide in Ontario. Make sure your family fully understands all your legal rights. Make sure you talk to an experienced Toronto hospital suicide lawyer right away. Contact our law firm and schedule an appointment at our Toronto, Brantford or Simcoe office. We understand how upset and frustrated your family must feel and we want to help.