Toronto Life Insurance Lawyers
Our attorneys understand how the legal system works in Ontario and can help your family
Life insurance claims often turn into complex legal cases. This is especially true if your claim has been denied. Worst of all, dealing with a denied life insurance claim probably could not come at a more challenging time in your life. That’s why it’s important to talk with someone who understands the legal system in Ontario and who can help guide you through this process.
The experienced Toronto personal injury lawyers at Smitiuch Injury Law can review your potential legal case and work with you to recover the financial compensation you may be entitled to as part of your life insurance claim. We can also assist you with a wrongful death lawsuit or claim, if necessary, depending on the nature of your case.
Why are life insurance claims denied?
Life insurance claims can be denied for a wide range of reasons, many of which might not make any sense or seem right at the time. Some of the most common reasons why life insurance claims are denied include:
- The life insurance company claims the policy is not in good financial standing.
- There are allegations made of non-payment of premiums.
- Material misrepresentation (allegations of intentionally withholding information or lying to insurance investigators)
- There is debate over the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s death.
Don’t try to deal with insurance companies on your own. Our legal team can be there for you when you need us the most, every step of the way – from contacting insurance companies on your behalf to appealing your denied life insurance claim, if necessary.
What should I do if my life insurance claim has been denied in Ontario?
Life insurance companies often deny claims for a wide range of reasons. When they do, it’s important that you take the necessary steps to protect your legal rights. As a law firm with years of experience litigating denied life insurance claims in the GTA, we advise you to take the following steps:
- Keep all letters, printed material and correspondences from the insurance company about your denied claim.
- Do not contact the insurance company that denied your claim.
- Do not discuss your potential legal case with others.
- Contact our law firm as soon as possible.
The sooner you have one of our attorneys review your life insurance claim, the sooner you can hopefully move forward in your life. That’s why we take the time to understand the details of your case. We’re fully committed to achieving the best possible outcome.
Life insurance claim cases can be complicated. Contact our Toronto law firm. We can help.
Learn more about your legal rights related to your life insurance claim. Contact us and schedule an appointment at our Toronto, Brantford or Simcoe office. One of our experienced Toronto life insurance claim attorneys can answer your questions and help guide you through this challenging process.